AquaShield Antimicrobial Coatings
AquaShield Antimicrobial products can be used in broad range of applications including textiles, carpets, paint, coatings, cosmetics and toiletries. Numerous manufacturers and service industries use our products to fight mold and mildew.
AquaShield’s provides antimicrobial formulations are and easily applied liquid concentrate that proactively protects virtually all solid surfaces and fabrics from a broad array of bacteria and microorganisms, including all forms of MRSA. Rigorous independent testing by independent laboratories confirms the active ingredients in these formulations inhibit microbes from growing on both hard and porous surfaces. A key property is its distinctive mechanical kill method that prevents microbes from mutating into even more resilient and deadly strains, such as those being seen by the organizations prisons, healthcare facilities, hospitality industry, barracks and more. These antimicrobial products have a unique ability to inhibit the growth of odor-causing single-cell microorganisms and they provide antimicrobial protection for six months or longer against harmful gram positive and gram negative odor-causing bacteria, algae, yeast, mildew, viruses, and a broad spectrum of other microorganisms.
We offer formulations that are non-leaching, non-poisonous antimicrobial treatment that last for 90 days on porous and non porous surfaces. This long lasting nano-scale protection kills microbes, mold, mildew, fungus and some viruses. We have independent laboratory testing that shows efficacy against Staph (MRSA), C-diff and the flu virus. It is used in conjunction with your normal cleaning process. It also allows you to use green cleaning procedures because the molecule remains in place taking care of problems after the disinfectants dissipate. These formulations also have the added benefit of making surfaces both porous and non porous virtually self cleaning at a cost that runs between 2 cent and 3 cents per square foot, every 3 months!
Defender is a water solution of a stabilized organosilane antimicrobial agent and disinfectant. The world’s first patented water based, durable, non-toxic, relatively safe (LD50 of 12.65g/kg), and non-flammable, non-leaching and non-migrating( after it is bound), odorless and colorless disinfectant and microbiostatic agent that can be used to clean and disinfect hospitals, hotels and motels, private and public places, schools and daycare centers, poultry, agriculture and industrial facilities including food and animal processing plants. This is registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a disinfectant and microbiostatic agent. A microbiostatic agent is an agent that inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria, bacteria which cause staining, defacement and discoloration, fungi (mold & mildew) and algae.
Defender is found to be effective against highly pathogenic H5N1 Avian Influenza virus (based on completed GLP tests and by USDA on Feb.24, 04 and by the Department of Pathology, faculty of Veterinary in Thailand) in addition to other non-health related organisms such as bacteria, mold, mildew, and fungus that may cause odor, stain, discoloration and deterioration of the treated product. Once properly applied, the active ingredient forms a protective and invisible layer on the surface and becomes an integral part of the surface. The ability of Defender to electrostatically and covalently bond to surfaces, thus rendering the substrate active against these non-health organisms, has made this product especially suitable for all kinds of surfaces and substrates. It has shown to be effective in an environment of organic matter, where most disinfectants are de-activated when exposed to organic matter (feces).
Defender has also been GLP tested and proven effective against gram positive (Staphylococcus aureus) and gram negative bacteria (E. Coli, Salmonnela & Pseudomonas aeruginosa), mold and mildew (Aspergillus niger), yeasts (Candida albicans), and algae. Surfaces and substrates treated with Defender agent reduce 99.9% of the microorganisms it comes in contact. It performed at or above EPA standards at 24 hours, 72 hours, 7 days, 14 days, and 28 days. The result is a broad spectrum disinfectant, a powerful product that not only kills virus, bacteria, fungi and algae but it also provide a microbiostatic protection during and after the disinfectant action.
– Effective against H5N1 Influenza virus
– Broad spectrum disinfectant & Protectant: kills & protect
– Disinfectant & long-lasting antimicrobial protectant: one-two punch
– Inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria.
– Essentially non-toxic, relatively safe (extraordinary safety profile) & non-flammable
– Water based alternative to existing disinfectants & sanitizers
– Simple, economic and easy to use on a variety of materials and surfaces
– Unique bonding and killing capabilities
– Does not poison and does not mutate
– Prevents the growth of mold and mildew
– Long lasting results which avoids repeated application.
– Non-corrosive and VOC free composition
– Compatible with many processes and conditions, including pH’s from 3 to 10.
– Malodors are attacked at their source by preventing decay.
– A heavy-duty disinfectant cleaner that cleans, disinfects, deodorizes and protect in one labor saving step.
Our Laundry formulation can be applied in a laundry cycle to keep clothes and linen microbe free. This treatment cuts odor and staining problems caused by bacteria.
Most anti-microbial coatings work by utilizing “dynamic or leaching agents” which go through the covering to toxic substance microscopic organisms. Albeit to some degree successful, there is a threat of microorganisms getting to be impervious to these chemicals forming into “super bugs”.
At AquaShield we picked an alternate way to deal with control issue microorganisms. Understanding the significance of a safe and compelling option, we effectively wedded our Technology with a “3-(trimethoxysilyl) propyldimethyloctadecyl ammonium chloride” or si-quat molecule. Initially developed by Dow Corning and considered by the FDA as one of the most secure and best developments to oversee microscopic organisms, si-quat innovation controls microorganisms through a technical procedure that microbes can’t become resistant to.
Our formulations utilize no silver nanoparticles, triclosan, sodium pyrithion, benzalkonium chloride, or different agents in our coatings. Harmful chemicals like these have a past filled with becoming hazardous. Once viewed as the “hero” of the healthcare industry, triclosan is considered by The European Union “as an irritant” and states “that it is dangerous for the environment and very toxic to aquatic organisms.”
The products can be used in broad range of applications including textiles, carpets, paint, coatings, cosmetics and toiletries. Manufacturers and service industries use our products to fight mold and mildew, and they’re also used in these industries:
- Schools, libraries & daycare centers
- Nursing homes
- Hotel, motels & hospitalities
- Building maintenance
- Office buildings
- Athletic Clubs & sports facilities
- Food & beverage facilities
- Hospitals & medical buildings
- Household cleaning
- Property management companies
- Public facilities
- Apartment buildings and homes
- Boats, RV’s & campers
- Airplanes, trains & buses
- Our products perform without disfusion or leaching off the applied substrate.
- Bound technology – unlike conventional disinfectants, poisons, phenols or heavy metals, our technology performs while bound to the applied surface (substrate).
- Residual Efficacy – Unlike other anti-microbials, our product’s efficacy remains for a long period of time. Our products specifies reapplication every 90 days and has been independently tested for 100 standard washes.
- Porous and Non porous Surfaces – It is against the law to apply many anti-microbials to porous materials. The technology allows for both porous and nonporous materials.
- Effective against a wide array of odor causing bacteria, fungi and mold.
- No Super Bugs – There is no known or anticipated risk for microbes to mutate to a Super Bug. This is due to the bound technology of the formulation. Other technologies work by “uploading” into the microorganism resulting sometimes in a mutation of the original microorganism.
- Shelf Life – 2 year shelf life. Once opened, use in 1 year.
- Ease of Use – The two products can be applied in or on most substrates.
- Safety – Completely water-based formulation. It is easily used by field personnel using a basic backpack sprayer.Our formulations have a long safety record with many manufacturers. Neither product uses heavy metals, arsenic, tin, phenols or poisons.
- Green – The products breaks down to carbon dioxide, nitrous dioxide and silicon dioxide.
- High Coverage Rate– 4000 sq ft per Gallon using the Victory Electrostatic Sprayer
Environmentally friendly due to non-leaching, non-depleting bound technology.
- EPA Registered
- Odorless and colorless
- Water based
- Long term prevention of a wide range of microbial growth
- Protects a wide range of surfaces both porous and non-porous
- Can be wiped, sprayed or misted on virtually any surface and dries rapidly
- No off-gasing
- High Coverage Rates
- 250 ML / 8 OZ
- 500 ML / 16 OZ
- 1 LITER / 32 OZ
- 20 LITERS / 5 GALLONS
- 275 Gallons