AQUASHIELD ANTI-MICROBIAL COATINGS
AquaShield Antimicrobial Coatings
AquaShield Antimicrobial products can be used in broad range of applications including textiles, carpets, paint, coatings, cosmetics and toiletries. Numerous manufacturers and service industries use our products to fight mold and mildew.
AquaShield’s Mi-Shield On Guard antimicrobial formulation is a unique and easily applied liquid concentrate that proactively protects virtually all solid surfaces and fabrics from a broad array of bacteria and microorganisms, including all forms of MRSA. Rigorous independent testing by independent laboratories confirms the active ingredients in Mi-Shield inhibits microbes from growing on both hard and porous surfaces. A key property is its distinctive mechanical kill method that prevents microbes from mutating into even more resilient and deadly strains, such as those being seen by the organizations prisons, healthcare facilities, hospitality industry, barracks and more.
Mi-Shield On Guard is a new non-leaching, non-poisonous antimicrobial treatment that last for 90 days on porous and non porous surfaces. This long lasting nano-scale protection kills microbes, mold, mildew, fungus and some viruses. We have independent laboratory testing that shows efficacy against Staph (MRSA), C-diff and the flu virus. It is used in conjunction with your normal cleaning process. Mi-Shield On Guard keeps surfaces clean in between cleanings. It also allows you to use green cleaning procedures because the molecule remains in place taking care of problems after the disinfectants dissipate. Mi-Shield On Guard also has the added benefit of making surfaces both porous and non porous virtually self cleaning at a cost that runs between 3 cent and 5 cents per square foot, every 3 months!
AquaShield’s Fabric Shield can be applied in a laundry cycle to keep clothes and linen microbe free. This treatment cuts odor and staining problems caused by bacteria.
Most anti-microbial coatings work by utilizing “dynamic or leaching agents” which go through the covering to toxic substance microscopic organisms. Albeit to some degree successful, there is a threat of microorganisms getting to be impervious to these chemicals forming into “super bugs”.
At AquaShield we picked an alternate way to deal with control issue microorganisms. Understanding the significance of a safe and compelling option, we effectively wedded our Technology with a “3-(trimethoxysilyl) propyldimethyloctadecyl ammonium chloride” or si-quat molecule. Initially developed by Dow Corning and considered by the FDA as one of the most secure and best developments to oversee microscopic organisms, si-quat innovation controls microorganisms through a technical procedure that microbes can’t become resistant to.
AquaShield utilizes no silver nanoparticles, triclosan, sodium pyrithion, benzalkonium chloride, or different agents in our coatings. Harmful chemicals like these have a past filled with becoming hazardous. Once viewed as the “hero” of the healthcare industry, triclosan is considered by The European Union “as an irritant” and states “that it is dangerous for the environment and very toxic to aquatic organisms.”
The products can be used in broad range of applications including textiles, carpets, paint, coatings, cosmetics and toiletries. Manufacturers and service industries use our products to fight mold and mildew, and they’re also used in these industries:
- Schools, libraries & daycare centers
- Nursing homes
- Hotel, motels & hospitalities
- Building maintenance
- Office buildings
- Athletic Clubs & sports facilities
- Food & beverage facilities
- Hospitals & medical buildings
- Household cleaning
- Property management companies
- Public facilities
- Apartment buildings and homes
- Boats, RV’s & campers
- Airplanes, trains & buses
- Mi-Shield performs without disfusion or leaching off the applied substrate.
- Bound technology – unlike conventional disinfectants, poisons, phenols or heavy metals, our technology performs while bound to the applied surface (substrate).
- Residual Efficacy – Unlike other anti-microbials, our product’s efficacy remains for a long period of time. Our products specifies reapplication every 90 days and has been independently tested for 100 standard washes.
- Porous and Non porous Surfaces – It is against the law to apply many anti-microbials to porous materials. Our technology allows for both porous and nonporous materials.
- Effective against a wide array of odor causing bacteria, fungi and mold.
- No Super Bugs – There is no known or anticipated risk for microbes to mutate to a Super Bug. This is due to the bound technology of Mi-Shield. Other technologies work by “uploading” into the microorganism resulting sometimes in a mutation of the original microorganism.
- Shelf Life – 2 year shelf life. Once opened, use in 1 year.
- Ease of Use – The two products can be applied in or on most substrates.
- Safety – Mi-Shield is a completely water-based formulation. It is easily used by field personnel using a basic backpack sprayer.Mi-Shield has a long safety record with many manufacturers. Neither product uses heavy metals, arsenic, tin, phenols or poisons.
- Green – The products breaks down to carbon dioxide, nitrous dioxide and silicon dioxide.
- High Coverage Rate– 4000 sq ft per Gallon using the Victory Electrostatic Sprayer
Environmentally friendly due to non-leaching, non-depleting bound technology.
- EPA Registered
- Odorless and colorless
- Water based
- Long term prevention of a wide range of microbial growth
- Protects a wide range of surfaces both porous and non-porous
- Can be wiped, sprayed or misted on virtually any surface and dries rapidly
- No off-gasing
- High Coverage Rates
- Outwear apparel (sweatshirts, coats, raincoats, overcoats, jerseys, ponchos, jackets, sweaters)
- Underwear & intimate apparel
- Hosiery & socks
- Bed sheets, blankets, bedspreads, curtains & draperies
- Rugs, throw rugs, toweling, toilet tank covers, floor & door mats, shower curtains
- Athletic and casual Wear
- Athletic and casual shoes & shoes insoles
- Indoor and outdoor awnings including umbrellas
- Vacuum cleaner bags and filters
- Vinyl paper-wallpaper
- Mattress pads and ticking
- Buffer pads (abrasive & polishing)
- Fire hose fabric
- Men’s underwear and outwear
- Air filters
- Sand bags, tents, tarpaulins, sails, and ropes
- Multipurpose disposal wiping cloths
- Pre-moistened towelettes and tissue wipes
- Non-woven disposable diapers
- 250 ML / 8 OZ
- 500 ML / 16 OZ
- 1 LITER / 32 OZ
- 20 LITERS / 5 GALLONS