A Long Term Treatment Creating a Durable Layer of Protection
AquaShield’s patented, and water based EPA registered Defender is a disinfectant cleaner, mold killer, odor eliminator and virus killer all in one. AquaShield’s Defender’s formula may be used on non-pourous surfaces and is for non-food contact surface use.
There is a misconception in the markeplace that makes individuals believe that you cannot apply products that have a label claim of “Non-Food Contact Use” in food preperation areas like kitchens, this simply is not the case. It is therefore critically important that all stakeholders understand the differences between a Food Contact Surface and a Non-Contact Surface.
Food contact surfaces are defined as any surface that touches food such as knives, stockpots, and cutting boards.
Non food contact surfaces include surfaces throughout the food preparation area that do not come in contact with exposed food. Those surfaces must be designed, constructed, and maintained to be smooth, non absorbent, and easily cleanable.
In dealing with Non food contact surfaces and prior to the application of Defender, please remove all food types and apply Defender. Please allow the surface to dry properly and then you may introduce food back to those surfaces as normal.
Defender is found to be effective against highly pathogenic H5N1 Avian Influenza virus (based on completed GLP tests and by USDA on Feb.24, 04 and by the Department of Pathology, faculty of Veterinary in Thailand) in addition to other non-health related organisms such as bacteria, mold, mildew, and fungus that may cause odor, stain, discoloration and deterioration of the treated product. Once properly applied, the active ingredient forms a protective and invisible layer on the surface and becomes an integral part of the surface. The ability of Defender to electrostatically and covalently bond to surfaces, thus rendering the substrate active against these non-health organisms, has made this product especially suitable for all kinds of surfaces and substrates. It has shown to be effective in an environment of organic matter, where most disinfectants are de-activated when exposed to organic matter (feces).
Defender has also been GLP tested and proven effective against gram positive (Staphylococcus aureus) and gram negative bacteria (E. Coli, Salmonnela & Pseudomonas aeruginosa), mold and mildew (Aspergillus niger), yeasts (Candida albicans), and algae. Surfaces and substrates treated with Defender agent reduce 99.9% of the microorganisms it comes in contact. It performed at or above EPA standards at 24 hours, 72 hours, 7 days, 14 days, and 28 days. The result is a broad spectrum disinfectant, a powerful product that not only kills virus, bacteria, fungi and algae but it also provide a microbiostatic protection during and after the disinfectant action.
– Effective against H5N1 Influenza virus
– Broad spectrum disinfectant & Protectant: kills & protect
– Disinfectant & long-lasting antimicrobial protectant: one-two punch
– Inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria.
– Essentially non-toxic, relatively safe (extraordinary safety profile) & non-flammable
– Water based alternative to existing disinfectants & sanitizers
– Simple, economic and easy to use on a variety of materials and surfaces
– Unique bonding and killing capabilities
– Does not poison and does not mutate
– Prevents the growth of mold and mildew
– Long lasting results which avoids repeated application.
– Non-corrosive and VOC free composition
– Compatible with many processes and conditions, including pH’s from 3 to 10.
– Malodors are attacked at their source by preventing decay.
– A heavy-duty disinfectant cleaner that cleans, disinfects, deodorizes and protect in one labor saving step.
- EPA Registered
- Odorless and colorless
- Water based
- Long term prevention of a wide range of microbial growth
- Protects nonporous surfaces
- Can be wiped, sprayed or misted on virtually any nonpourous surface and dries rapidly
- No off-gasing
- High Coverage Rates
AREAS OF USE: Use Defender on hard, nonporous surfaces in
- Veterinary Clinics,
- Trash Compactors,
- Beauty Salons,
- Locker Rooms,
- Health Spas,
- Conference rooms,
- Smoking Areas,
- Day Care Centers,
- Dry Cleaners,
- Health Care Facilities,
- Dental Offices,
- Barber Shops,